Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Hi, I've received my MBP WTB 15 (Radeon 455, i7 2.7) and found out that coolers doesn't work properly.
While I'm watching videos via chrome (or do daily work) temperature rises to 66 - 70 C and coolers work on 2150 RPM in totally silence.
Has anyone the same problem ?

Attachments

• Screenshot at Dec 25 02-38-11.png
    Screenshot at Dec 25 02-38-11.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: deany

Maurier

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Hi, I've received my MBP WTB 15 (Radeon 455, i7 2.7) and found out that coolers doesn't work properly.
While I'm watching videos via chrome (or do daily work) temperature rises to 66 - 70 C and coolers work on 2150 RPM in totally silence.

That's pretty normal. Last week we tested a friends MBP 15 (2016) pretty much same temperature.
Intensive tasks it was pushing 90c.
Keep in mind they are very thin laptops with powerful hardware. It's going to get hot

kapps

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2009
I haven't pushed my CPU long enough but when I ran the Unigine Heaven benchmark, the GPU was close to 80C before the fans started ramping up. They were just audible and temps started heading back into the mid 70's. Seems the cooling system is designed to keep things as silent as possible but well up to the task of keeping temps under control.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008

Where is the problem? Your CPU is far from its thermal threshold, so why should the fans kick in?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Please search the forum, I've been on here since 2008 and there hasn't been a day where a thread/post about temperatures hasn't popped up. You'll find a few thousand results on this subforum if you search for "heat" or "temperature".

Your temps are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about, your computer does not have a problem.

Get rid of your monitoring software, all it does is cause needless worry over something you have no control on.

Your computer is a tool, much like a hammer or screwdriver, it's meant to be used, it doesn't need monitoring or babying.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Perfectly understandable that OP asks the question with the newly launched device to ensure its normal before return period ends.

I'd do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.