Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK
Hi Guys

I dunno whether my MBP is overheating, cuz when I'm converting a HD Video via Handbrake and just watching a Youtube video the temperature of my MBP is 97,98,99 Degree C

fo3seg.jpg

Should I be worried??

Cheers Hay

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
some might say it's too hot, but I think it's ok. Remember: Handbrake and youtube (probably Flash) put nearly 100% load on every core and it's still running fine, so no need to worry.

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Guys

I dunno whether my MBP is overheating, cuz when I'm converting a HD Video via Handbrake and just watching a Youtube video the temperature of my MBP is 97,98,99 Degree C

Should I be worried??

Cheers Hay

:eek: Holy Cow ! :eek: That's F ** k * N getting hot like a Toaster ! What on earth do you run on it lol :D When My rMBP touches 70 degrees I start jumping up and down trying to figure what the F * * K is going on ! :rolleyes: Otherwise My rMBP keeps running at 45 degrees !!

I have never come across such high temperatures where in I have tried converting smaller size video files on HandBrake!

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
:eek: Holy Cow ! :eek: That's F ** k * N getting hot like a Toaster ! What on earth do you run on it lol :D When My rMBP touches 70 degrees I start jumping up and down trying to figure what the F * * K is going on ! :rolleyes: Otherwise My rMBP keeps running at 45 degrees !!

I have never come across such high temperatures where in I have tried converting smaller size video files on HandBrake!

His temps are perfectly normal.

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010

You most of encoded some really small files. And as said many times the OP's temps are just fine.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011

You most of encoded some really small files. And as said many times the OP's temps are just fine.

what software are you using to show the temps? Because on my girlfriends late 13 istats showed some REALLY wrong (way to low) values before updating it!

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
what software are you using to show the temps? Because on my girlfriends late 13 istats showed some REALLY wrong (way to low) values before updating it!

I use iStat Menus. So it's working now for your girlfriend? I don't get the problem.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
I use iStat Menus. So it's working now for your girlfriend? I don't get the problem.

yes it's working since we reinstalled it (a new version). Maybe augustya has the same problem, because I was seeing only 60-70°C even when running Cinebench or Handbrake. As I said, it was not the computer but the program ^^

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012

Yeah I get that ! Do you have a habit of yapping the same thing again and again...or do you like arguing with people ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.