High Temperature

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidkoplik, Feb 8, 2015.

1. davidkoplik macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I know there are some forums about that, but I need some people to answer that:(all degrees are in Celsius) I MacBook Pro with Retina's normal temperature about 40 degrees? Sometimes, I play games, when I am playing the temperature could be up to 85 degrees, never was more than 85 degrees. For example when I play Minecraft CPU is above 100% usage by Minecraft, so temperature is getting high. Can that somehow damage my laptop (MacBook Pro with Retina 13", Mid 2014, 10.10.2)?
    Thank you for all replies!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The heat will not damage your machine. If at any time the heat becomes a problem, your machine will shut down to prevent damage.

3. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

That sounds completely safe and normal, actually if anything it sounds a bit lower than many people have reported here.

4. davidkoplik thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thank you, I were very nervous what is happening to my MacBook Pro, now I am happy it is in normal, thank you!!!

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

There are thousands of threads on this very subject on this forum. A quick search would've told you that the temperatures are 100% normal, safe, and nothing to worry about.

A computer is a tool, not a piece of precious artwork. It can take care of itself without anyone fussing over it.

Keep on gaming, you're not damaging anything.

6. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

It's not a precious piece of artwork??? You have crushed all of my dreams and hopes! :D;)

7. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

There's an option to lock the FPS in Minecraft (Video settings), you can use it to lock the FPS to 50 FPS or something and keep it a bit cooler.