High Temps in XP on MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dudemac333, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dudemac333 macrumors newbie

dudemac333

I just installed XP through bootcamp on my Unibody MBP. I installed Speedfan to monitor the temps, and it says the GPU is at 80 Celsius. It is just idling there and I am not doing anything. It seems higher than what it should be for not doing anything. Is the GPU the right temperature to look at in Speedfan or am I supposed to look at the Core temps? It just seemed like idling at 80 Celsius was a little to hot...

2. dantnz macrumors newbie

Look at using a program called input remapper to control the speed of the fans, as currently the fans only will be running at a single low speed in bootcamp, which will be what is causing your gpu to get hot.

3. aki macrumors 6502a

couple of things

1 there are many many posts on this issue, search around
    2 speedfan may or may not work properly on mac hardware you cant trust it for everything/on everything
    3 usual solution is smcfancontrol or inputremapper - i use smc
    4 some people say running fans higher than apple says is bad, i say dead hd from heat is badder
    5 heavy gaming or other work under bootcamp windows WILL make your mac hotter than same tasks under osx