Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal
Hello,

I had purchased an iPhone 6s from the US, and I had to send it to warranty recently. What happens is, I live in Europe and the phone I was sent back was an European service unit.
So, I now have that really annoying High Volume warning. Since my previous data was from a US phone, is it in any way possible (without jailbreak) to remove this crap from my phone?

Thanks in advance.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
There is a way to remove it if you have a jailbroken system. But a non-jailbroken system is not possible to let you remove the volume limits.
BTW, I have Australian unit, but default max volume is already way too loud for me. Why not saving your hearing and listen to whatever you have in power volume?

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Apple exchanges iPhones on the basis of antennas. Your 6s had the same antennas that an European version hence you got the European volume capped version.

Happened the same to me with an iPhone 6 Plus purchased in Hong Kong. After a lengthy meeting with the Apple Store manager we came to the conclusion that Apple replacement software works on the basis of antennas.

When i got exchanged an iPhone 5s from T-Mobile i got an american replacement because that model A1533 had different antennas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.