Highend 13" vs Lowend 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nethus, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Nethus macrumors newbie

Nethus

The 13" size factor and pricing is ideal however the sole issue with it really is the new graphics.

I was wondering thus, highend 13" or Lowend 15"?

Personally I don't do anything more graphic extensive than WoW - will 13" handle this well enough?

2. opera57 macrumors 6502

The low end should handle WoW okay, but personally I would be inclined to go for the 15" to get the ATI graphics chip, as it will be much more powerful than the Intel graphics in the 13". Playing a game like WoW would be much more comfortable on the 15" screen anyway, in my opinion. [​IMG]

3. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

I find the 15" simply too large for any type of mobile use. So I guess it depends on whether you plan on take it around with you. If so, I find it too bulky.

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

My concern was WoW too but that base 15" 6490 is pathetic. NOT worth going up $600 IMO. I'm now in the market for an arrandale i7 + 330m since the 330m is better than the 6490. The "benchmarks" on the apple site are for the 6750.. but yeah pathetic graphics update. Sandy Bridge is awesome though lol. Also on WoW you're better off with a higher clocked dual core than a quad core, but that's just for WoW and most games.. Graphic intensive games utilize the quad core better but what's the use when the bottleneck would be the graphics.

5. Nethus thread starter macrumors newbie

Nethus

Yes I agree 15" is a little too bulky for everyday carrying around. I love the 13" size. Resolution/screen size isn't an issue for home use/gaming as it can be easily hooked up to an external display.

The 15" entry level AMD graphics isn't a lot better than the intel either. Likely I'll have to manage with the intel graphics and end up upgrading again next year