Higher capacity batteries for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hafr, Jun 21, 2013.

1. hafr macrumors 68030

I tried googling, but my skills are probably lacking so I'll ask here.

I can find plenty of information of people who use third party batteries and are happy with them, and I can find plenty of third party batteries that claim to have higher capacity than what Apple offers. But I can't find any information of people having actually installed these.

Is it just a scam, isn't it possible to make batteries with higher capacity that would fit?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I would stick with the ones that come with the phone.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I recommend checking out an external battery pack.
    Anker® Astro 5600mAh Portable Power Bank Pack Backup External Battery Charger with built-in Flashlight for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad Mini, iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; Google Nexus 4 ; LG Optimus [Lightning Adapter not included for iPhone 5]
    http://amzn.com/B005K7192G
    This one will almost triple your battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

4. hafr thread starter macrumors 68030

That's great.

----------

That's like the tenth time I see you posting these weird copy/paste-things about Anker's products. A bot? Working for them? Either way, I didn't ask about external battery packs.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I don't work for any company. Im 15... I just love this product and anker products. Im not a "bot". I recommend it to anyone looking in the criteria of it. The topic is on high capacity batteries, the one i posted is a high capacity battery.

Off topic**[​IMG]
    The copy button in amazon copies the title and link to it.

6. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

If you like your iPhone spontaneously exploding, I'd 100% suggest continuing looking for an unofficial, higher capacity battery.

Else, stick with an external battery case or a external battery pack, or ya know, shut off Location Services, set e-mail to manual, lower screen brightness... :cool:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I suggest you stick a car battery in there.
    Then the phone will last you all week:D

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

They're going to be the best bet. That's why they're being suggested and why you're not finding what you're looking for.

To a degree. Don't expect a massive increase in capacity though.

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

his profile says hes a macrumors "Vendor" but hes 15??????

and yea i kept seeing him post amazon links over the last few days. i figured he was promoting his products through an amazon sellers account. but as long as hes registered as a vendor here, theres no crime i guess.

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

The vendor name is my dads company. The amazon links i post have nothing to do with vendors, its the product i recommend. Why does it matter if i recommend a product on MR from amazon anyway.

11. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it doesnt matter to me, i do it all the time as well. i simply was agreeing with the person, noting that you have posted alot of links recently and given your vendor status, i assumed it was because you were offering people stuff they needed. i dont care either way and even said it was doing no harm since you......well youre dad.... has a vendor status.

12. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Have you considered the morphie juice pack for iPhones. For the 5 they now have three capacities. A 1500mAh, a 1700mAh and a 2100mAh, which ever suites your needs. I would go for the 2100mAh :D

http://www.mophie.com/iPhone-5-Power-s/118.htm

13. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Well spank my Butt Betty, The kid is 15 and he is giving out some good info. Keep it up kid you got my vote.:)

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with what Zmanbaseball2 is doing. He provided a relevant product that would help the OP.

While I have never owned a Mophie product, I have read good things about them.

15. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Thank you.

16. hafr thread starter macrumors 68030

I hope you realise not only Apple certified products can be top notch, and I'm getting 8-10 hours of on screen action on my phone per charge, having location services on, push e-mail, auto brightness etc...

All I'm asking about is third party high capacity batteries. Got any info about such products?

----------

How much more juice would you say is possible to fit in a battery of the same size? Could it be possible to lower the voltage and get more out of it that way?

17. hafr thread starter macrumors 68030

No, he didn't, and no it wouldn't.

----------

Seriously guys, it's like I'm asking about an IPA and everyone assumes I just want to get drunk and keeps on telling me to get vodka...

18. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

LOL. i havent even seen any aftermarket higher cap batteries like what seidio makes for motorolas and blackberry devices. frankly, i dont know if i would trust any higher cap batteries that you would find on ebay and whatnot for cheap either. external packs are ugly and totally change the feel and character of the phone, but they look like the only trustworthy way to go.

19. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I've had them from the 30 pin generation iphone 4/4s and they work.

20. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

everyone is missing the point. hes looking for an aftermarket, internal battery not an external battery pack. so whether or not it works doesnt matter, because its not what he wants.

21. praterkeith macrumors regular

praterkeith

And improve gas mileage!