Higher Ed iMac 3 year warranty not showing

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ubuntu, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Hello all,

Just checked my Applecare status and it says its valid until June 2012. In the UK HE students get 3 years warranty as standard (as was confirmed when viewing the iMac on the online Apple Store) and so I've filed a claim to sort this out. I wondered if any other HE students here could confirm that their Applecare status shows the full three years or just the one year as it could simply be a case of the system not showing it but it indeed being 3 years in length.

The online tool I used also asked for my sales receipt so I provided my invoice which upon further inspection does not appear to show the warranty at all. If anyone could take some time out to check their HE warranty i'd appreciate it.

2. cinek macrumors 6502

dont worry, I had the same thing when I got my macbook pro. You should get an email in a couple of weeks saying that it has been extended to 3 years :)

I got the email over a month after I got the mbp

3. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I did some googling (should have done that first!) and as you said people tend to get it after a while. I'll still give the Applecare unit a call on Monday just to confirm because it'd suck if it went out of my 14 day return period and there was actually only one year's coverage. Thanks for getting back to me though, you've put my mind at ease.

4. cinek macrumors 6502

no problem. I'm not sure if calling apple care will help you out atm. When I got my mbp the charger wasn't working, so I called up and asked them when does my apple care run out. They told me next year, so they didn't have the info about the extension.

5. Woody543 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure but aren't applecare and the extended warranty two different things?

6. cinek macrumors 6502

I don't think so, in the email I got it clearly states apple care

7. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

You will get an email after 90 days. Apple's standard warranty had 90 days phone support, the free student warranty has 1 year. So you get an email then letting you know the 3 year warranty and 1 year phone support are in effect.

The online system took about 8 weeks to update for me if I remember.

It doesn't matter what Apple say on the phone or on their online checker, the terms and conditions state you get a free warranty and that is all that matters!