Higher Education Applecare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spanky Deluxe, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ok, this is going to be a little confusing.

I recently purchased a MacBook second hand. Now I wouldn't usually bother getting Applecare on a second hand Mac since I'd usually just fix it up myself. However, I *think* Applecare for a MacBook bought via the Higher Education store (for which I'm eligible) is only something like £60. Can I buy that for a MacBook that was *not* purchased from the Higher Education store?

I'm off campus at the moment so can't check the fine print on the HE store. :(

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

AppleCare is AppleCare. It'll work on any Apple hardware still under its first year.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The deal with HE in the UK is that machines bought under the HE programme (and those machine only) come with 3 years hardware warranty. Therefore the UK HE Applecare for 60 quid is ONLY purchasing telephone support for 2.75 years.

So the HE Applecare would not apply to any machine not purchased under the HE programme, you would have to buy 'retail' Applecare for that.
    Unless there is an unclosed loophole in their system, but call Apple to confirm.

4. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Cool, thanks for that guys. I'll give them a call to find out in a day or two. :)

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Ah, it's not like that in the US then.