Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
Hello,

My wife is a professor at a large university and she would like to go into an Apple store this weekend and pick up an iPad 2 (if they have any!). Can she get an education discount? What info does she need to bring with her? How much is it?

Thanks for helping!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Apple only allows Educational Discounts on Mac Computers (iMac, MacBooks, and Mac Mini) the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV are excluded. Some people are saying that Apple will allow discounts on the iPad through your work provider, but I don't know if this is true or now.

http://store.apple.com/us-hed

Spartizan

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2011
Florida
Sorry to say but Apple doesn't offer any educational discounts for the iPad(s)... Atleast as of now they don't.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Some people are saying that Apple will allow discounts on the iPad through your work provider, but I don't know if this is true or now.

yes, at least my employer EPP discount seems to be in effect. It's a whopping 2% on iPads but $15 is $15. YMMV

I've never seen student discounts on iPads in the US. I think there may be in Europe which may be what you've seen references to.

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
A few years ago Apple slashed prices rather significantly across the board of their then new iPods. This effectively ended the education discount on non-Mac computer products. Their education discount as it sits now is rather pitiful compared the the discount they offered several years ago. Anyway, no education discount on iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.