Higher Education Discount on new iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robertpetry, Mar 7, 2011.

1. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

Hello,

My wife is a professor at a large university and she would like to go into an Apple store this weekend and pick up an iPad 2 (if they have any!). Can she get an education discount? What info does she need to bring with her? How much is it?

Thanks for helping!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple only allows Educational Discounts on Mac Computers (iMac, MacBooks, and Mac Mini) the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV are excluded. Some people are saying that Apple will allow discounts on the iPad through your work provider, but I don't know if this is true or now.

http://store.apple.com/us-hed

3. Spartizan macrumors newbie

Sorry to say but Apple doesn't offer any educational discounts for the iPad(s)... Atleast as of now they don't.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

yes, at least my employer EPP discount seems to be in effect. It's a whopping 2% on iPads but $15 is $15. YMMV

I've never seen student discounts on iPads in the US. I think there may be in Europe which may be what you've seen references to.

5. baummer macrumors 6502a

A few years ago Apple slashed prices rather significantly across the board of their then new iPods. This effectively ended the education discount on non-Mac computer products. Their education discount as it sits now is rather pitiful compared the the discount they offered several years ago. Anyway, no education discount on iPads.

6. clarknick67 macrumors member

that's might be a pity.