Higher Education Discount Order for Mini & imac

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by davemulheran, Mar 6, 2009.

1. davemulheran macrumors regular

Guys, I want to order a 3.06 imac, 2.26 mini and a new time capsule.

I can browse the HE store and add items to my basket and even proceed to pay for the said items from work (not a HE property)

Will the order go through?? do they halt the order before packing and run checks? then if found not to be a HE customer.. refund the money?

I know it's unethical.. but this is a £2500 GBP worth order we're talking about

cheers

2. azdunerat macrumors regular

It is more of an honor system than anything else, at least that was my experiance with it.

3. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Afaik there's no check. I wouldn't feel too bad given Apple's profits and how over-priced their current stuff is anyway, even though that doesn't make it right. :D

4. iSimx macrumors 6502

iSimx

I'm going to be ordering using the higher education discount also. I know that you can only purchase one notebook, one desktop and two software packages in a term or year. Not sure which one. So I'm not completely sure whether the order will go through. I supposed you count the mini as a desktop :D

5. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Yes it's more of an honour system as such. For Apple, the fact you can gain access to the University network is enough for them. Usually you need an ID to enter and log on to computers in the library for instance.

As long as you don't go overboard and buy above the quota mentioned, I highly doubt you'll run into any problems ;)

6. NoNameBrand macrumors 6502

AFAIK, they do random audits - a given % of purchasers are asked to provide proof of eligibility, and if they can't, then the price difference is charged to the credit card.

One of my friends got a call from Apple when he ordered an iBook (he was a student).

The rampant abuse of the education discounts is why it's seen such a reduction. Enjoy the gravy train while it lasts.