Higher Education ordering question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shambles, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Shambles macrumors regular

Okay, I found this link on the forums that leads to the higher education website.

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000714?mco=Nzc1MjMwNA

It seems like I'd just be able to order a MBP without providing any details? I went through the order process to an extent and it seems like it won't ask me for anything.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Honestly, I don't think it does. I've heard that it's pretty easy to get the edu. discount, even if it's buy borrowing a college student that you may happen to know.

3. Shambles thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet. So I won't get Apple people phoning me up asking for details after I order?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

They didn't for me. Luckily for me I truly am a student. I believe they do random checks once in a while to make sure they aren't being frauded.

5. Scorpia macrumors newbie

go for it, it is very unlikely they will ask you to provide any id.

If they do, just don't reply and they will refund you.

6. Shambles thread starter macrumors regular

Ah well my brother is a student so I suppose I could get him to help me out.

7. BMJT macrumors regular

I did the same last year, I had already graduated by a few months, but I still had my uni e-mail. Managed to find the correct education store with a bit of tinkering with the url, and put my uni e-mail whenever one was required. Order went through and laptop turned up a few weeks later no problem.

8. KumaYama macrumors member

I just ordered mine. I'm a teacher in a uni, the instore discount is 6% or 15% for students. In the shop they'll ask to see a student card, online, nowt. All you have to do is log on from a campus computer, you can do that via remote access (I did). Not sure if that's for all uni's though (mine is Newcastle Uni).

Sweating, but happy I've finally ordered it! :D