Higher education prices in the US.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Draythor, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me the prices for College/University prices in the US.
    We get a 15% diiscount over here. Is it the same as the website shows in store?

Thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It varies by institution, but it's generally a set dollar amount not a % value in the US .edu store.

The price you see online is the price you get in store when you show ID, at least in the US.

3. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Here in Oklahoma it is $50.00 for the whitebook, and $100 for the macbook pro line... not sure of the other products though!

4. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

it is no longer a percentage. it seems the top of the line models get $100 off.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Generally those that get bigger discounts are those that have campus bookstores that sell Macs, the prices seem for the most part consistent directly through Apple online.

At least gathering from my friends, no one to my knowledge has had anything different then what I saw.

6. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

basically if you are in any college in the US you get the same amount off as anyone else unless you school has a special deal with Apple (My brother is in graphic design at the university of oklahoma and he got his new macbook pro for $250 off)