Higher then 32GB?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Tragedies, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

I currently use a Boot Camp partition with Windows XP Pro SP2 that is 32GB, as accoridng to Boot Camp that is the max I can go, before unabling to access windows files on my Mac.

For example, if I download a file, and wanted to put that file on my Windows parition, I would place it in the Boot camp partition in my Mac, as I'd click Boot Camp and access the root fiels (such as Program Files and whatnot).

If I format a new partition that is larger then 32GB, thus using a different formation type, could I still access my windows files on my Mac?

If, for some reason, I cannot, would dragging the files using PARALLELS DESKTOP work?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Just format as NTFS and Google for the OS X NTFS write-support utility (it's free, don't pay for one).

3. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

You're talking about FAT32 and NTFS, and I can tell you right now there is NO reason to be using FAT32 now-a-days. Reformat to NTFS, make that partition as big as you want/need, and either get MacDrive (for Windows, there's no 64-bit version yet though), or do what Tallest Skil said.

5. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

Im currently reinstaling windows on my mac since thirty two gig wasn't enough for games. I'm posting thisnfrom my touch as I waotnfornth instalwtion to finish heh thanks for the good suggestions and I'll try the methods soon.

Mikey