Highest firmware that can be jailbroken and unlocked for TMobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dellavoce, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dellavoce macrumors regular

Anyone know? I'm selling my 3GS and I need to prepare it for my buyer

2. jtara macrumors 65816

Any, if you get a "sandwich card". But no idea if this will be possible with the micro-sim on the new iPhone 4. (But why would you want to put an iPhone 4 on tMobile?)

This is the only way I would do it, since it requires no jailbreak. I advised a friend of mine to do it with his 3GS and it worked like a charm. So, should work for you.

A "sandwich card" (MY term) is a very thin card that you slip in with your SIM card. They're like $20 online. The one I recommended was shipped from England.

Some of these require that you cut a trace on your SIM. For just a little more money, there is one that doesn't require the cut.

3. dellavoce thread starter macrumors regular

No, no, my new iPhone 4 is on ATT. I'm selling the 3GS to someone who wants it on TMobile. She asked to have it jailbroken on the highest firmware that can be unlocked. I'm good with jailbreaking but I don't know anything about unlocking

4. itsgerson macrumors newbie

i just jail broke and unlocked my 3g that is on 4.0. use pwnage tool and then ultrasn0w.

5. KingHuds macrumors 6502

The new ultrasnow can unlock any baseband on 3g/3gs, so as long as you can jailbreak it, the unlock is super easy.

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Check www.jailbreakmatrix.com for the latest unlocking/jailbreaking stats.

Alternatively, you can Google and download "f0recast" on your Mac and plug in your iPhone to see what can be done with it...

7. dellavoce thread starter macrumors regular