Highest Quality iMac Stand?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rebelduck, Oct 17, 2014.

1. rebelduck macrumors newbie

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

I have the Twelvesouth one and I like it. It gives you the ability to adjust how high you want it. I'm 6'5", so I use it at the highest level and can store things underneath it.

I like it a lot.

3. leenak macrumors 68020

The look of the twelvesouth one makes me cringe but its all up to personal preference. There is also a different one on the Apple store, forget the brand. It, like the grovemade one, allow for you to put your keyboard underneath. I'm going to try it out for its height and then maybe buy the one on the Apple store.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

The Twelvesouth one doesn't photograph well at all. The side profile is also pretty hideous. The front view is pretty nice, reminiscent of the old Mac Pro desktop cases.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

Ha, that is the first thing I thought and why I wasn't a fan :) But again, it is personal preference.

6. robertojorge macrumors regular

robertojorge

My favorite one is the Twelvesouth.

The looks might not be the nicest one but functionality wise in my opinion is the best. I wanted to buy one for my future iMac the one that i didnt purchased yesterday because of lack of 980m :)

7. ColorWerx macrumors newbie

ColorWerx

Really like the look of that Elevation Stand...hadn't seen that one before.

8. Neodym macrumors 68000

Neodym

If you didn't buy your iMac yet, you could go for the VESA variant. This would significantly increase the number of possible stands.

9. rebelduck thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I'd go for the twelve south hirise hands down if it weren't for the ugly seam on the side and the screws. I really like the ample storage.

I'm also concerned about the finish and the workmanship. I don't want to get something with a cheap finish that easily scratches off. Read some reviews on Amazon about screws not lining up with holes, etc.

The Elevation Stand is tempting as it's a solid block of aluminum with no seams or screws, but the storage is so small and the fact that it just suctions on top makes me nervous.

----------

Yeah, it's beautiful. The whole suction thing makes me nervous though.

----------

Post a link if you find it

10. rebelduck thread starter macrumors newbie

Was it this one?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...e9f632f1373922d82e4e5a8f222773b9a65e8c6b41579

11. NYhoosier macrumors newbie

12. rebelduck thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm leaning toward that one now because it is wide enough to stow my wacom tablet underneath which takes up a lot of desk real estate, and i like that it's a solid, seamless piece of aluminum.

My only concern is it's only about half the height as the other ones. I tested it out with books that were the same heights, I definitely prefer the taller height.

13. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a