Highest quality method to share video on 3G S: MobileMe, YouTube, or e-mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProPedderKustom, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ProPedderKustom macrumors regular

I know that my 3G S compresses the video it sends regardless of how I share it [unless I pull it off with the Macbook using iTunes]. My question is, which on-phone method will leave me with the highest quality: MobileMe, YouTube, or e-mail?

We may need a tester to figure this out, if possible. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to know how to get the most out of my new iPhone's video recording ability.

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I'd imagine syncing to iPhoto to get the video would be best as i'd imagine it won't get compressed that way. MobileMe is then best - then i'd imagine youtube.

Email i'm not sure about - i'd imagine it only takes <10MB videos, and it might compress a little or a lot.

3. computermilk macrumors 6502

I have a mobileme account, i can put some up

4. ProPedderKustom thread starter macrumors regular

Give it a shot. I'd love to know the definitive answer to this.

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Any quick and easy software that us Windows folks can use to pull movies off the iPhone with in their uncompressed form?

6. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

For MobileMe, I uploaded a 1 minute clip and that was compressed to 6MB and was original 26.7MB. May give you some indication but my bet would be MobileMe would have the best video quality.

7. 103734 Guest

I just plugged it in and used image capture to take the video off the iPhone, looks just like it did on the phone.

8. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Windows Explorer. Once the iPhone is attached, open it in windows exporer. You will then be able to find the raw video files. You may need to download Quicktime because I HIGHLY doubt Apple made their videos WMP compatible. But if you have iTunes, then you already have Quicktime.

I just checked it with my wife's 3GS. Works perfectly.

9. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

You're referring to Windows Scanners and Camera wizard.. My Windows XP didn't include it.. I need a 3rd party program since Microsoft doesn't offer Scanners and Camera Wizard seperately.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No. When you plug in the iPhone you can open it as a drive. You then use Explorer to copy it wherever you want.

11. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Strange I cant do this on any WinXP PCs around here in the office..

Edit: It shows up under Windows explorer under the Scanners and Cameras section, but still you *need* to have Scanners and Cameras installed for this to show up. My PCs don't unfortunately.

12. lankox macrumors regular

I know this is an old thread, but I uploaded some 3GS video to MobileMe. The video looks good on iphone but on MobileMe it looks awful. Compressed to the max. Really disappointed. I have read that people are having good results when uploaded to youtube.