Highlighting Textbooks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jciapara, Feb 3, 2010.

1. jciapara macrumors regular

Hi All,

Wouldn't it be cool if you could be able to highlight (yellow marker like) sentences of a book on the iPad, since Apple is trying to push these iPads into the schools to replace textbooks, I remember that for me was easier to highlight important parts of a book for when I had to study for exams later on. This of course ruined the textbook, but of course for me was useful.

So if I could highlight the electronic version of a textbook and then close the book and reopen it, and having it still highlighted would be a cool feature, and of course you could undo any marking you did, or even delete all the markings, in case you're giving the E-Book to someone else.

I think you get the idea of what I mean, do you think the current Book app will support this? or is there any app on the iPhone that does this?

Thanks.

2. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I can totally see this... and I'd be surprised if it isn't already a feature.. but who knows..

Ya. :) ipad.

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Would definitely make sense. They could add another option in the Cut, Copy, Paste menu for their iBooks named "Highlight". Default is yellow, but maybe you can change the color by holding down the option then color choices appear?

4. Hawkwind macrumors member

The ability to highlight text (in yellow if i remember) with your finger was seen in video from the 'ipad playtime' after the keynote.
    I'll see if i can find it

edit. oops, looks like it was in iworks rather than books.

5. sumzero macrumors member

sumzero

Why does running your physical copy matter compared to owning a digital copy, you can at least sell your used marked up textbook. you can't sell a digital book.... Not legally anyways.

6. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

Fantastic idea with the highlighting! Also It would be great to be able to put margin notes and little post-it flags.

I'd love to see this on all books not just textbooks. I do this to all my "JSP for Dummies" style books as well.