Highly visible OLED ghosting on X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gladoscc, Nov 6, 2017.

1. gladoscc macrumors 6502

Is anyone else noticing a highly visible (to the point where the screen becomes a complete mess of the complementary color, and is unreadable for a fraction of a second after you scroll) in certain text and color situations?

Example:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15628839

Scroll across the page and you’ll notice all the text leaves a trail of green that makes reading highly difficult. I have night shift on if that matters.

I have never used a LCD or OLED display with ghosting as bad as that in this circumstance. I don’t seem to get ghosting for other text or color combinations though.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Definitely not seeing anything like what you’re describing on that page. Scrolled up and down and back. No ghosting, no green anything. Suggest you contact Apple. Defective displays and green anomalies have been discussed here.

3. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

4. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I tried this as well and get nothing similar to what you mentioned.

5. jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

6. Trojita macrumors member

You should go to an Apple Store and test it compared to their display models and see if you can duplicate it on both. If just your X is the only one messed up, get a replacement. If it is something to do with your eyes and you see it on both, I'd recommend getting a 8 or 8+ and hoping the problem is fixed on the X2.

7. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan