HIIT/Plyo/"Crossfit"

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by D.T., Jun 15, 2015.

1. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

So for HIIT/Plyo/"Crossfit" we've been using Other. I'm assuming that the different workout types read the sensors for motion that's more specific to that activity. The Other calories seemed a little low knowing the intensity level (and time spent doing it) - but it's more INTENSE ... rest ... INTENSE ... rest. Thinking maybe the lack of motion in between doesn't register much calorie burn, and the scale is a little off.

Anybody else do these kinds of workouts and use something different? Based on the available workouts, it's really more like Run+Row+Stairs :D

Side note: loving the Watch :)

2. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

I use "other" for weight training (I do the 3 main powerlifting lifts on separate days followed by accessory exercises) and I usually only rest 30 seconds in between sets (rest longer for the 3 main lifts). For accessories I currently have a high rep range of 12-15. At the end of an hour to 90 minute workout the calorie tracking has been pretty on point.

3. D.T. thread starter macrumors 603

D.T.

Thanks, that's good additional data points. I'll keep at it with Other, see what it averages out to over the month.