Hijack iTunes Album Art Screen Saver?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PecanEater, Aug 25, 2007.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I want to be able to use the iTunes Album Art Screen Saver but I want it to use images OTHER than album art. Does anyone know if this is possible? Has someone created a copycat version of this screen saver that allows other images? Ideally, I'd like a screen saver that could use a defined set of images.

2. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

I don't know how but have you looked around your system any? I haven't thought of this before but it sounds great.

3. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

4. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

Hmmm my first guesses would be in /(HD)/Library and ~/Library. I'm not sure if this is going to work though because iTunes doesn't just have a folder with a lot of pictures that are used as artwork. It just has a bunch of .itc files which you can see if you look in the 'Album Artwork' folder in finder. Even if you could find the screensaver and edit it, you would have to find a way to convert pictures into .itc. I'm sure that somebody out there has created a screensaver like that though, so keep looking. The internet is the world's largest library!! Happy hunting...:).

5. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

Try playing around with Quartz Composer if Google doesn't turn anything up.

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Check out photo presenter. I'm not sure if you can export the slideshow as a movie where you can then use save hollywood to use it as a screen saver

7. swheeler macrumors member

Reviving a very old thread. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks!