Hiking the Adirondacks...info please!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by silbeej, Jun 21, 2009.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

So i'm a big time, or somewhat big time hiker, and i really want to explore the Adirondack mountains this summer. Only problem is i'm having a tough time finding info about where i can camp and park and all that good stuff. So if anyone has info regarding locations of back country (would like them to be free) campsites with little or no accommodations, or fairly cheap places to just put a tent up and use my own stove. I plan on hiking the mountains so some trail info would be nice as well. Also, if there are any places i could park for about 4-5 days that would be sweet. Any info really.

Thanks

2. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Good golly Miss Molly!

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'm driving to Rhode Island in two weeks and I was going to make a side stop for some day hiking and overnight camping in either the Catskills or Adirondacks, but hadn't taken the time to really investigate some trails or areas that people had favorably reviewed. If anyone happens to have good suggestions, I am all ears.

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah good point, i'd also like to know which mountains are best. I would like to stick to the mountains so i have good views and such, but i'm looking more for multi day hikes rather than one nighters.

4. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Well, lemme see what I can dig up while at work today (here's hoping its a quiet day on the psych ward).