Hilarious Dell Mailing...

Anticipat3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Normally I wouldn't bother posting jokes, but this was just priceless.

I ordered a display from Dell a while back, and so now they send me spam via snail mail.

I got an official Dell mailing today that made me laugh out loud... I scanned it for your pleasure. Check it out.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
It would be nice to see Gateway or eMachines tack that ad onto one of their flyers.

Especially a Dell ad that can easily be read as anti-Dell.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Fire everyone in marketing!

Things like this make me miss being an advertising editor. Then remember all the mistakes I'd find only to be told, "eh, no one will notice," and I don't miss it so much.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
HAHAHAHAHA!!

I love the look on the guys face - it's almost pained! Thanks for sharing!

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
Maybe someone whose first language wasn't English.

To an English speaker asking that question implies they weren't thinking, but I can see how someone from another country might take it at face value.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
broken_keyboard said:
Maybe someone whose first language wasn't English.

To an English speaker asking that question implies they weren't thinking, but I can see how someone from another country might take it at face value.
Outsourced advertising perhaps?

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
That's absolutely hilarious, and it wouldn't be half as funny if the guy didn't look so uncomfortable and confused. Perhaps he's been told he's about to be fired as Marketing Director, and he's trying to figure out why.

As a sign of just how bad this is, it took me a good 20 seconds to figure out what they were trying to say--the unintended (but far more accurate) meaning is that much more obvious.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Makosuke said:
That's absolutely hilarious, and it wouldn't be half as funny if the guy didn't look so uncomfortable and confused. Perhaps he's been told he's about to be fired as Marketing Director, and he's trying to figure out why.

As a sign of just how bad this is, it took me a good 20 seconds to figure out what they were trying to say--the unintended (but far more accurate) meaning is that much more obvious.

yep... same here: didnt understand it right off the bat

Thats hilarious!

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
they weren't! obviosly neither was dell. That is rather priceless, almost worthy of engrish.com

edit:I must say this is the funniest thing I've come across in a while