Hilarious Mishap... TGIF!

wimic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
calgary, alberta
Okay... so I get out of bed this morning, brush my teeth, get dressed and get ready to go to work. My boyfriend, my friend/coworker (who happens to live next door to me) and I hop aboard our car and leave the house.

I work downtown and my boyfriend usually drops me off two blocks away from where I work. After being dropped off today, my friend and I are walking across an intersection downtown and I look down at my feet - I was wearing one sneaker and one shoe. :(

After I arrived at work and had a good chuckle about it with my coworkers, I took the train home, changed, came back to work and here I am.

I don't think I've ever been so absent minded before. Have you ever done something so silly? Is there some kind of psychological explaination behind this... I'm pretty sure I wasn't still asleep lol :eek:

wimic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
calgary, alberta
nope.. no heel. And the funny thing is that my boss said "didn't you have to untie your sneaker to get it on"... but I don't... I'm one of those lazy people who just stuff their foot into the sneaker lol

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
A few months ago I got up to go to work early (my wife and I go back and forth on early/late workdays to minimize our daughter's time at day care) so I got up around 5-ish got ready, went to work... and about a half hour after getting to work I looked down and lo and behold, one brown shoe, one black shoe, I have 2 pair of exactly the same shoe, one brown pair, one black pair and in the darkness I grabbed one of each. I didn't bother going home I just quickly informed my co-workers so they could get it out of their system early.

I got a lot of weird looks the next day when I flipped shoes so the pairs would wear evenly :D

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
atszyman said:
<snip> I looked down and lo and behold, one brown shoe, one black shoe...I just quickly informed my co-workers so they could get it out of their system early...I got a lot of weird looks the next day when I flipped shoes so the pairs would wear evenly :D
I luv the 'next day' bit. ROTFLMAO for some reason - I guess it could be the 8 or so beers in my system...:D

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
This story is too funny! :D I can relate because a couple of weeks ago I wore two different shoes...BUT these were the same heels except I bought them in two different colors. I had one GOLD and one SILVER on and I didn't notice until I was in a meeting one of our sales reps. So embarrassing! :eek:

hana

macrumors regular
May 23, 2003
Los Angeles
Yeah....I've done that. Blue shoe and Black shoe.

Since I had a desk job at the time, I stayed at the desk as much as possible. I do remember telling the officemates - most of them had an earlier schedule, so they laughed, but knew it could have easily been them. :eek:

Then at lunch, I walked down to the local department store and bought some shoes. Of course, I brought this to the attention of the shoe salesman and his shoe sales crew had a bit of a laugh about it....

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
hahaha that's quality!

I'm sure I would manage to do something like that except that the sum total of my shoes are: 1 pair of sneakers/running shoes, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of dress shoes, and 1 pair of slippers.
So it's sort of hard for me to get my shoes confused...

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I've never mixed shoes, but I've definitely wore my boots to go play basketball, when I specifically knew that I was goin to play basketball. I usually figure it out half way to the courts and turn around.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Nope, i always make sure i have the rights things on. Before i go to bed i have my clouths ready so that i can just put them on in the morning and not have to find something to wear.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
sushi said:
Doesn't that hurt?
Yes, which is why it normally only takes a few steps to realise. BTW, I'm male, and skate shoes are quite accommodating for either foot. It's a lot easier than, say, a girl mixing her heels around.