Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple tech geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
I noticed this
Took a look inside but nothing bad to see
Its a macbook pro late 2011 13 inch
Should i worry? The hinges are steady and screen doesnt drop

Kissmyne

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
I wouldn't worry too much about the issue, I would take care when opening the computer. If you plan on keeping the computer for a while still... I would suggest getting it fixed as it will eventually get worse.

apple tech geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
I wouldn't worry too much about the issue, I would take care when opening the computer. If you plan on keeping the computer for a while still... I would suggest getting it fixed as it will eventually get worse.
Just got it but the hinge works fine what would be the problem? Only thing os that the hinges makes a sound when at a certain angle (almost closed) would it be a easy repair? I need to repair the glass aswel if that needs to be opened

Kissmyne

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
If you just got it, I would recommend taking it to the Apple Store for either a swap or repair.. it shouldn't have play like that.

It honestly looks like the hinge assembly isn't attached appropriately, could just be loose.. but still.

Definitely have it checked.. a NEW MBP should not do this(My two year old MBP doesn't).

apple tech geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
I got it seccond hand
But just want to know is it a hard repair? When i eiggle it the inside looks tight only the hinge shaft moves

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.