Hinge started creaking/popping, again...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vbman213, Mar 17, 2011.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Last summer when I purchased my 2010 MBP, my hinge had a very slight creak/pop sound to it... I took it into a Apple Authorized Service Provider who agreed to file a claim and perform a screen re-alignment, etc etc...

About 2 business days later, I get a phone call saying that my machine is ready for me to pick up. I arrive and they begin to inform me that the sound that I am hearing is nothing more the shifting of a bundle of wires that connects the screen, isight, etc. to the logic board. They said that it isn't something that will cause my any troubles and they even said that it will probably go away over time. (As the bundle of cables gets accustomed to the particular movements)

Interestingly enough, about 2 weeks later, my screen no longer made any noise when opening/closing. Now, about 7 months later the same exact noise has returned... It isn't as worse as it was 7 months ago, but it is kinda bummed me out a bit...

2. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Have you tried contacting AppleCare to see what they have to suggest?

3. vbman213 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't mind calling AppleCare or bringing it back to the AASP, but I can not be without a computer. I am finishing up my 5 weeks of the semester and I have many term papers, research papers, and projects to finish...

I will probably have to end up waiting until after I'm done...

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's just the sound isn't it? As long as it doesn't affect your actual usage...