Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deep_Thought

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I'm going to get my MBA hinge fixed soon, but do I need to put the original SSD back in or will Apple be ok with the runcore being in there?

CHeers

brdnboy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
I'm going to get my MBA hinge fixed soon, but do I need to put the original SSD back in or will Apple be ok with the runcore being in there?

CHeers

I had my hinges repaired with my runcore in, no problem. I took it in to the genius bar, they looked it, checked it in for hinge repair, as they were doing this, i mentioned the runcore and they said "no problem". About 6 days later it still wasn't ready (around iPhone 4 release, delays) and i was leaving on a trip, so i had them convert it to a depot repair and send it out. I asked again about the runcore at the depot and he said the only reason they would mess with it was if the found a fault. So i sent it out and got it back a few days later as good as new with my runcore still there.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA

CHeers

I would be careful and document that you have that in there. What is stopping the repairman from taking your ssd and replacing it with a stock?

notatwork

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2009
I had the hinges repaired on my MBA 'A' at the Houston facility with my Runcore 128GB inside. Not an issue. Just for protection, be sure to backup your data and keep a hardware listing.

BTW, I shipped out my MBA late on a Wednesday and had it back in my hands early AM on that Friday. (Even so, it was a painful Thursday without Air...!!)

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.