hinge wobbles?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dimabear, Jun 19, 2014.

1. dimabear macrumors newbie

Just got a new rMBP 15" almost 2 weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that, when closed, does that black hinge thing on the back wobble at all? it makes a creaking sound, and i can wobble it very noticeably. It's very obvious there's movement. I didn't notice this on the notebooks in the store, but then again, i never closed the laptops in the apple store and carried them around.

i noticed it when i closed the laptop to carry it and felt the movement in my palm.

i hope it doesn't get worse over time. my 14th day is in 2 days and wondering if i should swap it out for another one. i really like this one though...decent battery life , doesn't get very hot, and ok screen.

2. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

My 2011 does this. Unless it's so loose that the screen is flopping around, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

My late 2008 15" creaks a tiny bit, nothing alarming. When I have my Speck case on it the hinge is looser (sp?) and closes much easier. If my mbp is sitting on an angle sometimes it will collapse shut from the weight.

But I don't really use the Speck anymore unless I take it with me somewhere. Plus the machine looks brand new after sitting in the case for almost 2 years.

4. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

I also experienced this however the display was creaky and also loose.

I took it in the the genius bar, and the screen was replaced for free.

5. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

If it bothers you enough to create a thread about it, then you should bring it in and see what Apple says, if only for peace of mind.