iPod Hint at iPod Video??!?!

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
1,605
1
Too excited to search

AHHH!!!

Knowing my luck its already been posted.
 

Attachments

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
1,605
1
Still doesn't help the fact that my iPod broke today :( It was playing music then it just died even though i took it off the charger 30 mins before. No response at all.

Hence me filling out the help thingie, when this caught my eye.
 
Comment

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
4,369
15
AR
The iPod support pages have had that option for at least 6 months maybe longer, and it has been mentioned before on this form and others. AppleCare refers to the display of the iPod interface as "video."
 
Comment

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
1,605
1
I thought so. First i've heard of it and sounds quite promising.
 
Comment

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
1,494
0
Rockford MI
joshuawaire said:
The iPod support pages have had that option for at least 6 months maybe longer, and it has been mentioned before on this form and others. AppleCare refers to the display of the iPod interface as "video."
I herd about that about 6 months ago...
 
Comment

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
1,605
1
clayj said:
My interpretation of "has video but unresponsive" is "the screen is lit up and I can read stuff, but I can't make the iPod do anything".
What about "Video out playback issue - either port". It must be the words "video" and "playback" in the same sentence.
 
Comment

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,492
400
visiting from downstream
EGT said:
What about "Video out playback issue - either port". It must be the words "video" and "playback" in the same sentence.
iPod Photos have an option to output a slideshow of images to an external video. But that doesn't mean it's "video", i.e., a continuous stream of visual information.
 
Comment

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
200
0
SE PA
Phat_Pat said:
i guess i'll post this again


its gunna happen eventually...
I don't interpret that as it's gunna happen. I interpret that as a generic message for filetypes not supported by ipods. (wmas, compressed zips, etc.). saying 'they cannot be played on this iPod' is a little vague and confusing which calls for some speculation. But I'm sticking w/ this being a misunderstanding.
 
Comment

jburrw

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2004
19
0
EGT said:
Too excited to search

AHHH!!!

Knowing my luck its already been posted.

How many times will this stupid thing come up? People will grasp at anything.
 
Comment

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
1,955
0
I Live Where I Live
the_freddinator said:
I don't interpret that as it's gunna happen. I interpret that as a generic message for filetypes not supported by ipods. (wmas, compressed zips, etc.). saying 'they cannot be played on this iPod' is a little vague and confusing which calls for some speculation. But I'm sticking w/ this being a misunderstanding.
yeah but...ehhhh its still possible
 
Comment

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
1,605
1
jburrw said:
How many times will this stupid thing come up? People will grasp at anything.
I don't mean to be rude but piss off.

I genuinely thought apple had let something slip and having not read about this and being close to updates, posted it.

Yes, i do grasp at anything. What's wrong with that?
 
Comment

jburrw

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2004
19
0
A little too sensitive aren't we?

EGT said:
I don't mean to be rude but piss off.

I genuinely thought apple had let something slip and having not read about this and being close to updates, posted it.

Yes, i do grasp at anything. What's wrong with that?
There's nothing wrong with blurting out crazy ideas like that, just as long as you don't mind getting called on how ridiculous they are because you didn't give them more than two seconds of actual thought.
 
Comment

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
1,605
1
jburrw said:
There's nothing wrong with blurting out crazy ideas like that, just as long as you don't mind getting called on how ridiculous they are because you didn't give them more than two seconds of actual thought.
Oh please :rolleyes:

I've spent 5 minutes searching for the this, found one other post (which you've posted in, maybe you should have posted a link)
Nothing on the front page, which I checked. How many times has it been posted in the forum? Not exactly another "When is a powerbook G5 coming?" post, is it? :rolleyes:

Its not a crazy idea. This is a rumors forum for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

Bahhh .... People like you just make this forum unpleasant. I hope you go away

In fact. I'll pretend you don't exist. :D :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Comment

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
1,690
0
jburrw said:
There's nothing wrong with blurting out crazy ideas like that, just as long as you don't mind getting called on how ridiculous they are because you didn't give them more than two seconds of actual thought.

your a jerk. this is a rumors site.
 
Comment

jburrw

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2004
19
0
beatle888 said:
your a jerk. this is a rumors site.

What exactly is your point? What did I have to say that disputed that fact? You're boring me.
 
Comment

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
7,582
490
Melenkurion Skyweir
*ignores the agruing pair*

Yeah that is pretty old. I think it's all but guaranteed that Apple will come out with an iPod video soon, if not this fall. I actually decided to put off buying an iPod because I want this video iPod. My biggest draw is, imagine that you can create a killer presentation with Keynote, put it on the iPod, and use it to give your presentations in class! Just imagine. You walk up to the front empty-handed to the wonder if the classmates. Murmurs of "he's dead" or "he's getting a F-Pie in the face" stalls as you pull out the iPod, grab the VGA cable and hook it up, and BAM! Your PowerPoint-Owning Keynote presentation comes up, and you open your mouth for the greatest presentation of your life... until the next one.

Ok I'll stop now. But I. Want. That. iPod. Video. Now.
 
Comment

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
5,684
1
LaLaLand, CA
A reminder that personnal insults are not tolerated here. Don't make edesignuk come in here. He will turn this car around Misters!

Anyway, I'll just say what perhaps should have been said to begin with. Nice find, seen it before, but cool none-the-less. Here's hoping Apple will deliver, but at this point I'm not really interested. Maybe I'll change my tune depending on how well they can pull it off. If true. Speculate on.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.