iPad Hint that next ipad will have Touch ID sensor

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cbarnes3121, Sep 27, 2014.

1. cbarnes3121 macrumors newbie

When Apple rewleases ios8 a big hint was released with it to say touch sensor is coming to the iPad. If u notice now that when u restart your iPad it says the same thing iPhones say password is required in order to access iPad ok with iPad you always have to enter your password cuz there is no Touch ID but that tells me it's coming

2. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

pretty useless on the ipad, it's not a must have feature to upgrade

3. cbarnes3121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes u r right I resally don't think the iPad need a upgrade I'm satisfied with my iPad air

4. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Maybe for a home user. I have my iPad for work locked with a password that is longer than the standard four-digit code, and the iPad gets locked and unlocked multiple times per hour. TouchID is a must-have feature to me. I'll sell my current retina mini and upgrade if the next version has TouchID.

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

To be honest, I've had a year to fully expect Touch ID to come to the iPad so the excitement of iPad Air2 having touch ID had drifted away long along ago.

It's simply expected, and that's that.

I'd personally much rather have better speakers, a flash and a better camera unit, or even an IR Blaster in it. Something that would add some functionality of make the device more useful in some way.

I know many don't like camera's an iPad's so it's a personal thing.

6. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Agree. So many community members forget these are also enterprise devices.

7. bobright macrumors 601

I hate typing my passcode TouchID is very welcome and the supposed 2GB of RAM? It's going to be beast enough that my Air is on eBay right now.

8. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

I'd rather have an SD slot like every other major tablet and for Apple to stop overcharging for memory.