Hints/suggestions for a new macbook user?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by liquidgold, Mar 28, 2008.

1. liquidgold macrumors newbie

I was inspired by another post and just thought I would get the board's opinion on things that will help me with my transition from pc to mac. I am just looking for programs or widgets that might improve my mac functionality or just general good ideas to get me started!

Thanks for the advice!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

That's awfully vague. Do you have any things that you're trying to accomplish specifically, or certain types of apps you want recommendations for?

Really the only suggestions I have are to try some of the Mac's unique interface elements, like Exposé hot-cornering, see if they become useful for you. Force yourself to try new things and see if they stick. Be adventurous, basically! :D

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

4. liquidgold thread starter macrumors newbie

there is nothing specific that i am looking for, i just feel like i am missing out on some of the things a mac can do. kind of, "i didn't know it could do that!" stuff.

5. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

6. xlopez macrumors member

I suggest you browse the macrumors forums on their entirety. There are many software recommendation threads all over(try a search). There are many keyboard shortcuts that will make your life easier. Read up on all Leopard features and how they can help you. After you've done all that, just try sites like macupdate.com or versiontracker.com to get your software fix. Enjoy!