Hipstamatic actually doesn't delete photos?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ZebraineZ, May 13, 2011.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I just noticed now how when I deleted so many pictures I took over the past year basically with the app, among all the pictures I kept, that when I looked through my iPhone's backup and used juicephone to extract the pictures from the app I looked through the files and I saw that every single picture I had taken with the app was there....I'm a bit freaked out and yeah o_O, did anyone else know this? It's gone from the applications timeline but the picture itself is still there deep in the file system in whatever quality you chose to take it in high def or whatever.

2. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

LifeInLoFi

I've seen this with a few other apps. I wasn't aware until now that Hipstamatic was also one of them (I haven't peeked through the filesystem since getting my iPhone 4).

If you delete Hipstamatic from your iPhone, it should delete *all* of the photos in its lightbox -- both current and past. They've already saved to your Camera Roll.

You could then reinstall Hipstamatic and restore your purchases. Everything should restore, including any limited edition paks you've downloaded.

Just an option if you're really concerned about it.

=M=