Hipstamatic: Memory Pig

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Hughm, May 15, 2011.

1. Hughm macrumors member

I uninstalled this nice little app this morning to take a break from it, and when I did, my app memory dropped by 750mB!

Is this app storing deleted pictures? And if so, what can be done?

Thanks

2. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I know, it's ridiculous, I made a thread but not much can be done unless if you're jailbroken and access the file system to delete the pictures that were supposed to be deleted, I have now idea this has been going on and no one has said anything and it's obviously not a bug because it's kept pictures from almost a year ago. I just stopped using the app all together as a bunch of cool effects on pics aren't as important as privacy/storage space.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Dang! I'll keep an eye on my memory usage. I really like the app, but it would be really annoying if it ate up all my storage space.

4. Hughm thread starter macrumors member

I wonder if the app keeps that big pile of picture data after its been uninstalled, or is by doing an un-reinstall, one can start afresh. Maybe I'll try soon, but right now I don't want anything to do with it.

Hipstamatic is a strange app in a lot of subtle ways. I can deal with that. But the memory thing is fatal, IMO.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

6. Hughm thread starter macrumors member

Okay. So I re-installed the app, and it did not bring back all that data with it. Problem is, it didn't bring back my various pak purchases, either. So I had to create a new (the same) user account and restore my previous purchases.

This is such bush league programming! The app may be neat, but it was written as though the developers were recent app-as-a-second-language graduates.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you have to restore purchases from the store under downloads each time you reinstall the app from fresh a lot of apps do this

8. philMBP macrumors 6502

Kind of difficult to take you seriously when you make such uneducated complaints.