Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

estrides

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2012
New York
THAT'S A HANDLE!?!?! Ive had a clamshell for like 10 years and I had no freaking idea...why the hell is it even there?

-1 for being an idiot.

Imixmuan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Bronze Keyboard...

...think its a Lombard. Sweet though. Lusted after those when they came out, still had a Blackbird (Powerbook 520c), couldn't justify plopping down 2500 for one.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
GermanyChris said:
Go back over to the hipster thread at MR, you have to remember that not everywhere are they cheap..This is the one I bought.
I guess. I got a pair of iMac G3s I can't even give away. I am still trying to sell the PM G4 DAs, but even at $40 on CL no one wants them. They do however want to sell their 1st gen MacBooks for $500. It's laughable. All the posers are trying to sell their old incompatible stuff to buy new MBAs and MBPs for ML. That lame cult of Mac crap pisses me off.

Last edited:

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
I guess. I got a pair of iMac G3s I can't even give away. I am still trying to sell the PM G4 DAs, but even at $40 on CL no one wants them. They do however want to sell their 1st gen MacBooks for $500. It's laughable. All the posers are trying to sell their old incompatible stuff to but ned MBAs and MBPs. That lame cult of Mac crap pisses me off.
Yeah nowadays the imac g3s are quite the tough sell
but keep in mind its all about the presentation I was able to sell a g3 tower for $50 within 5 hours at a yard sale all because I had a sign made of all the specs listed in bold letters and the price right in front of it. And I had it plugged into my wi-fi and all hooked up at a desk for people to try out and make sure it works. People are more likely to buy somthing if they can play with it for a little bit.
The sign read
98"Apple Power Mac
350mhz PowerPC G3 processor
512mb RAM
Ati Rage 128 Pro graphics Card
Duel 10gb 5400rpm Hard Drives
32x CD-Rom Burner Drive
Zip 100 drive
Includes 17" Apple Studio Display Pro
Monitor And Apple Keyboard and mouse
Running OS X Panther with bonus gimp software
All for the low low price of only $50

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
That lame cult of Mac crap pisses me off.

We were once a quite group people who praised the great Rainbowed One but as our great god perished in battle against the Pocket Tempest. The Pocket Tempest rose as the new God and thus new breed of Mac users appeared. These new ones no longer respected the great machines they used, they treat them as if they no longer have souls.

Dark times are on the horizon for those of us that remember the old days.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
holy shoot I called that guy and he is actually smart he even knows more about powerpc than intell:eek:

I hath been summoned by thy name!!!

While I doubt that, unless he's zen.state or another very knowledgeable person on MacRumors that frequents the PowerPC section.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
This is, like, so weird.... people call me a hipster, and I have that laptop with the exact same specs. And the battery's broken :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.