Historical Verizon preorder vs. Apple preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jekjones1558, Sep 4, 2014.

1. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

I tried searching and it looks like in 2011 Verizon preorders shipped very quickly. Does anyone remember how preorders from Verizon vs. Apple compared in previous years? I would like to switch to Edge for my 2 new iPhone 6 but it doesn't seem that I can order from Apple and do Edge. If Verizon ships preorders promptly I will order from Verizon. If not I will forget about Edge and just order from Apple.

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I don't have Verizon right now to check this butt I thought I read somewhere that Apple was going to start offering Verizon's EDGE program along with AT&T NEXT.

3. satchow macrumors 6502

Verizon preorder customers got their iPhones in the mail on the same day Apple.com preorder customers did. No need to worry.

4. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Apple didn't do preorders for the iPhone 5S like they did in the past. For the 5S, you ordered it on launch day and it was delivered several days later, assuming you got your order in before the backorders :)

5. Cryates macrumors 65816

That is correct and they will also be made aware of customers who are eligible for early edge upgrade as well.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

2 years ago I woke up early to order my iPhone 5 and was able to without issue. Apple.com ran out before VZW did. I also heard that Apple.com was having more network issues.

Where do you live? I've also heard that local stores in small towns/less populated areas often have stock b/c fewer people are interested and/or think to go to them.

7. jekjones1558, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

jekjones1558 thread starter macrumors 6502

I read that also but I have checked the Apple Store online everyday and can't see an option for Edge, only ATT Next. So I called Apple and they said ordering on the Edge program through Apple is not an option, at least not yet.

8. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

im trying both apple/verzion tho verizon don't seem to have site issues when trying to pre order compared to apple.com so lets see and hope for the best again.

9. jekjones1558 thread starter macrumors 6502

I live in a big city but I got my iPhone 5 on launch day by simply walking into a small Verizon store. I was the only one there. Unfortunately months ago I promised a friend I would work for her on Sep. 19 so if that turns out to be launch day I can't do that this time.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

IC. Well, best of luck!

11. Drew888, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Drew888 macrumors 6502a

Drew888

Apple's site says to visit an Apple Retail Store to verify EDGE eligibility.