Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erphern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
UK
Just curious. I'd like to buy a new high-end rMBP when they're announced - possibly BTO - if I get my order in relatively quickly, is there a decent chance they'll have plenty of stock?

This will be my first MacBook, so I was just wondering what it's been like in the past...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When the rMBPs were available for pre-order they quicky jumped to 2 week wait times. I don't know if that will be the case of Haswell but I'd not delay your order.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Just curious. I'd like to buy a new high-end rMBP when they're announced - possibly BTO - if I get my order in relatively quickly, is there a decent chance they'll have plenty of stock?

This will be my first MacBook, so I was just wondering what it's been like in the past...

There is always plenty of stock for Macs, you don't have to worry. They don't do anywhere near the numbers that the iOS devices do. The exception being something like when the rMBP first came out last year, and it was backordered.

They are usually available to order right away, and in stores a day or 2 later. You won't have any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.