History Channel app loads and quits

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by stillcrazyman, May 8, 2018.

1. stillcrazyman macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

Up until a few days ago, I had been using the History app to watch a number of shows. So, I launch the app, get a spinning wheel icon, then it quits back to the main ATV4K menu.

Double tap the Home button - I see the app is still loaded, but not accessible.
    Fine, I'll delete it and reinstall.
    That didn't fix it.
    Searching the info on the App Store, I see the app is now called History TV Shows (H2) and has a last update from 2015. Very odd.
    It looks to me like the recent version of the app isn''t on the App Store anymore - maybe replaced with the older version ? I have no idea.

I contacted the History app support on A&E Networks, but not sure if they're going to be able to fix it.

I don't want to go through the effort of resetting the ATV4K. I have 36 other apps that work just fine.

Anyone else have issues with the History App ?

2. m11rphy macrumors 6502

m11rphy

I've had this issue all weekend so you are not alone

3. stillcrazyman thread starter macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

Yep. It started Sunday for me. I did get a response from A&E/History - I'll provide more info to them and see if anything good comes from it.

4. m11rphy macrumors 6502

m11rphy

5. stillcrazyman thread starter macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

Odd enough, it’s working for me now also. I did have to sign in and out a few times for it to finally work.