Hit End Call immediately, will the call pass through?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnBravo, Apr 19, 2015.

1. JohnBravo macrumors newbie

Ok, I accidentally pressed the girl's number while organizing my contacts and I hit 'End' immediately once the call screen pops up. It's just a second. Will the call pass through? Will she have a miss call or anything like that?

She's using 6 plus and me 5S. Just tell me, please.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I've done the same thing and not had the other person see a missed call, so my guess is it won't show up. But I can't swear that would be the case every time.

3. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

Does it really matter? If she calls back or sends you a text asking why you called just say you accidentally called when organizing your contacts?

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Maybe he's creepy and she doesn't know he has her number. :p

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It depends on the timing of how quickly the call connects. Usually there's a second or two before it does and that won't register as a call basically on the receiver's end.

6. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

I just fail to see the point of having someone's number and not being able to use it for fear they'll know that you have their number..

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Well, I will second that.

To answer OP. I have had it happen both ways. As in, sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Call and ask her!

8. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Did you hear it ring? And what are you afraid of? Just tell her you accidentally called her. My best friend "butt dials" me all the time and she tells me, although often times I get the missed call badge.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I think the call goes through once it rings. That's how it registers. If you can hang up before it ring, then the call will not be see on their end.

10. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

My assumption here is that this is an ex and you don't want her to get the idea that you're trying to talk to her.

Like others have said, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But what's done is done. Don't worry about it.

11. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

Just tell her it was an accident if she somehow sees it. If it's the number of someone you probably shouldn't have then she probably didn't have your name saved anyway so she won't know who it was

12. Interstellar macrumors newbie

It takes at least 5 seconds or so after clicking on dial for it to actually start ringing.

But FaceTime/FaceTime Audio is a different story; it's practically instant and the vast majority of the time they will get a notification for sure even if you hang up right away.

13. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

She knows. This is the end of your social life. Sell that phone and kill yourself now.

14. JohnBravo thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys, I was gonna delete the number, I just want to look at it one more time.
    Anyway, thanks for your help, you guys. I guess I'm just gonna have to hope for the best and suck it up...

15. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

CALL HER and tell he how you feel!;)

16. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Best. Post. Ever.:p

17. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

18. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. The timing is variable. It all depends on how far into the sequence of events that create a phone connection the equipment has gone.

19. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I just did a quick test. It took about five seconds after initiating the call for the phone I called to start ringing. I then tried calling again and hitting cancel after 4 seconds, and the second phone did not ring.

If you cancelled the call within the first couple seconds, I doubt she saw anything.