Hit restart!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gray-Wolf, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Today sucked royally. It made me really wish there was a reset button on life and start again.

Is there a date, you made a choice that influenced other choices, that you would like to go back to and change?

Mine is a career choice. I passed after 2 quarters of college, on getting a degree in forestry, which would have lead to a totally different field than the one I'm trapped in now.

True, I do realize, for every choice, it offers another down the road that your would not have dealt with, but now must face, but, anything has to be better than the current path.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

oh yeah...

kinda like time machine, huh, where you could just go back to that moment and start over from there

yeah, i do

not gonna share it :eek:

but i do

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

We have all been there at some point. Best thing to do is figure out what you want to do next, and what can you do to help you get to that "next" point. :)

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah a thread about regrets!
    I've had a few.

(or something)

When me and teh Carolines filled out our university forms, I put X university (which is slightly ironic and spooky actually) thinking I'd never get in there. Carolines first choice was Y university, which was my second. Now somehow I got into X even though I lacked a certain qualification. I went to X for one day and realised it was a big mistake and went to Z, since I knew the course leader.
    I finished uni last year and Caroline still has 1 more year to go. I really miss seeing her and if I had just put Y university... I even got an unconditional offer to study there so all the doors were open! Just happens to be that (at the time) you had to take your first choice of university if you were accepted. :(

That and I wish I had moved to Ireland or Australia when I had the chance. I'm very happy where I am now but I'm just curious of other paths.

5. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Everyone has "Reset Moments" - I can think of at four events in my life I wish I had handled differently (thus avoiding pain and frustration I ended up causing my self).

It's a rare event where any particular day I wish I could do differently, but I know I've had some.