Hit the apex by buying a 2015 MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tenashus1, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Tenashus1, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

Tenashus1 macrumors 6502

I'm so glad I purchased my 2015 13" MBP in July of 2015. I think I hit the wave at just the right time. I love it. I think it's one of the best MBPs Apple has made. Suffice it to say, at the rate Apple is innovating and the lack of direction it's demonstrating with product development, I think that, unfortunately, it may prove to be my last Mac. Who ever thought I would get to the point where I would say that, having come from an Apple IIe all the way to 2015 MBP. But, denial is not just a river in Egypt. I have to be a realist and come to grips with the fact that Apple looks at this moment to be capable of offering only a lot less than it used to power and innovation wise as well as value wise. Post 2015 MBP, I do not relish the thought of paying an excessive premium just for an OSX in a pretty package. That's what it amounts to - just the OSX (with a spattering of unsolicited politicized messages surrounding the product line and the company). So, I hope my 2015 MBP lasts for a long time, which will give me the opportunity for a long, slow goodbye (less painful that way). Of course if Apple should awaken again from its present state (?), I will happily be in line for a great offering it may have at that time. At this moment, though, that seems far away, and I'm not holding my breath. I have to keep an open mind and continue to monitor all that is and will be out there even beyond the MBP. One can get stale just being a stick in the mud just the same old blind, brand loyalty. Apple is not the same company I once knew. Some may not remember or be aware, but I remember Apple very well.

While I'm at it, I think I would really enjoy the option of a real touch screen on a Mac. I mean why not go all the way rather than half way? I guess, though, that Apple would rather see itself as a leader in technology as opposed to a follower (some kind of pride thing I suppose). It certainly doesn't seem to be leading the way so well right now. Well, I don't make those kinds of decisions anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

2. PhoneI macrumors 65816

3. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502

People starting these kinds of threads should be banned from the internet so they can write this non sense in a word document, save it on their local disk and move on.

4. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

Nice rationalization of your purchase. I hope it serves all your computing, financial, political, and business mission statement needs. It's just a computer, not an identity. JHC.

5. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

Buddy, if you've been with Apple all the way from IIe then you've always paid "an excessive premium just for an OSX in a pretty package." We can all have different views, and forums like this would be awfully dull if we agreed on everything. I hate the idea of touchscreen in a laptop, mainly because fingers are naturally greasy things and I prefer to look at a pristine display. What you mean by "unsolicited politicized messages " I don't know, my MBP hasn't been giving me any propaganda, but I seriously suggest to you that Apple may be simply be leading the industry with its current models, both in terms of technology and assembly methods. For example, over the next years, isn't it likely all laptop brands will have USB-C only?

I still consider myself a Mac newbie, but I'm quite a fan of MacOS already, albeit with a few grumbles, and I'd like to think it has a future. So I'm sorry when you or anyone else declares themselves willing to bail out on the Apple system because if MacOS was to fade away there would realistically only be Windows (I've noticed Linux proponents are all mouth and trousers, I've never met one who didn't dual boot Windows or MacOS) and that would be a scary prospect.

But as I said, we all have different views and I can respect yours. Certainly I hope your Mac 2015 lasts for a very long time, not least because I'm typing this on one. Which is still 100% perfect, I may add.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 6, 2017 ---
    A harsh judgement. I though these forums were at least partly about Mr X saying this and Mr Y replying with his opinion. Friendly discussion, chewing the fat, you know?