Hitler's D7000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by telecomm, Oct 14, 2010.

1. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

While some on nikonrumors.com have complained that this video is in poor taste (would they also consider the original movie in poor taste as well? I don't get it.), this video (linked from nikonrumors.com) had me laughing out loud in quite a few spots.

Those waiting for a D7000, enjoy! :D

[Subtitles may be NSFW.]

2. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

It's not funny when you happen to be a German speaker. It's just some dumb subtitles that have nothing at all to do with what is actually spoken.

If you wanna see something that actually IS funny, then google for Walter Moers "Der Bonker" (intentionally spelled wrong). For example, this link here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4655323211378605528#

3. telecomm thread starter macrumors 65816

telecomm

Yeah, I hope most people would realize that! ;)

(The actor playing Hitler is the very well-known Bruno Ganz, and the clip is from the film Der Untergang (aka Downfall).

I'm afraid I'd need a subtitled version of your clip to appreciate it, though. (I'm sure the German-speaking MacRumors folks will like it.)

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

What's in poor taste is people who still think this old joke is funny. It might have been funny the first time....

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Actually, I thought it was funny. Although if this clip has been used for other products/situations I can see that it would be old. Just my opine.

6. telecomm thread starter macrumors 65816

telecomm

I understand that this (or similar) clips may have been used in other spoofs, but it's not the idea I liked so much as the execution.

I thought the lines about Amazon Prime and micro-4/3 were particularly funny, but I guess there's no accounting for taste! :p

7. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Yes I agree about the Amazon Prime line and the micro-4/3.Also the fact that he was reading Nikrumors.com blog. I did have me laughing that's for sure-good taste or otherwise.

8. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I thought it was brilliant. Some of the hitler videos are a stretch, but this one was hilarious.

9. TheXIIIth macrumors member

"I was really looking forward to making an unboxing video."
    LMAO:D:D

10. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I liked the unboxing video line as well. Mostly because I am board with people and their unboxing vids/pics of the same products that others have already documented to death.

11. termina3 macrumors 65816

Yes, we've all seen Hitler videos before. That said, this one was particularly well done:

Amazon Prime?
    If I wanted to buy it in Canada, I would have invaded Canada!
    What will I take to my meetup with Stalin?
    He won't--that's (micro 4/3rds) for children.
    I was really looking forward to making an unboxing video…

12. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Agreed. At first I was like SERIOUSLY, ANOTHER ONE?

But it was pretty funny. Standouts-
    Amazon Prime
    4/3rds are for children
    Unboxing Video
    "Order me a Sony Alpha"

-PS I never understood why people made unboxing videos? I guess I could understand why if they were the first or 2nd person in the world to get the product pre-release, but beyond that... Exercise in narcissism and futility?

13. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Loved it.

I'm fortunate I don't speak German, I guess.

Plus I had not see doctor-ed hitler videos if there are other in this vein so I was LMAO.

Thanks for sharing.

14. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I've seen many of these before and this is by far one of the best and most creative!

BTW, I'd actually like to know what's being said in this scene, is it available anywhere with English subtitles for the actual dialog?

15. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I used to be a fan of this video meme, but I can't get quite into them anymore. One of the first video renditions of this that I actually saw had to be between the Blu-ray and HD-DVD wars, and that one was executed really well.

16. TheXIIIth macrumors member

Not waiting anymore -
    I picked up my D7000 at Best Buy today. Best Buy started putting them on the shelves yesterday.

17. thederby macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmkUlXp5sk