Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannewell15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Hello everyone! I;m guessing ths is the right forum for this. I currently have a Macbook ( see sig) and I have HL2 and HL2 Episode 1 and HL2 Deathmatch installed in windows Xp via Bootcamp. I have only tried out HL2 and Deathmatch and have encountered problems. When playing HL2, the gameplay is absolutely fine but when it saves the game it crashes and a windows error message comes up. Does anyone know how to solve this? Also, When I start up HL2 Deathmatch, instead of going to the menu, it goes to a black screen and i am forced to Ctrl alt delete it. Please help me out on this! :)

dannewell15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
No I know people think that but thats exactly what I'm saying, the game looks great with no loss in FPS. The only issue is when it saves it crashes.

holybatfart

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2007
Johio
When playing HL2, the gameplay is absolutely fine but when it saves the game it crashes and a windows error message comes up. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Turn off the auto-save feature. That should fix it. I'm not sure about the HL2DM problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.