hl2 props crash garrysmod

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by leopjones, Oct 1, 2008.

1. leopjones macrumors newbie

When i started garrysmod after reinstalling i spawned one of those metal fences and it crashed and showed the desktop in the backround but it froze and it does the same with manhack parts and fast zombies and some other things and even when i reinstalling it it still doesn't work andi tried the dxlevel and it didnt work and i installed hl2 i need help:confused::confused:

2. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed

its fixed

3. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Please. Don't tell anyone what you did to fix it in case anyone else has a problem and they decide to use the search function to search for a solution...

4. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

well its broken again :mad: so if anyone ha a solution please tell me

5. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

can some one pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me how to fix this

6. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Have you tried anything?

Reinstall game?
    Reinstall Windows, then the game?

Post something on the Steam forum's as there are people that will likely be able to help you. Remember to search as this has probably happened before.

Have you searched Google?

7. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

i reinstalled the game which made it break again and i dont have windows i have a mac runing crossover games and i will post it to steam thanks for the help

8. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

All right, I did not know you were using Crossover. If you wouldn't believe it, I have a problem with Garry's Mod as well. My game crashes once I press the icon to open it. Not sure what is wrong, but I also haven't had the time to figure it out. I just use Windows to run games. Crossover is nice, but lets face it, it does have issues.

9. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

it does have some problems but i can deal with it but this one i cant deal with
    and i posted this problem on facepunch studios and steam forum but because i was new to facepunch i got banned for posting a video game problem in video games:confused: and try to put dxlevel to 81 or look up youtube for the solution

10. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Post a new thread on Codeweavers.com If you do, I'll post something about my problem as well. I am getting an "Engine Error:"

"failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer"

11. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

ill do that. I HATE that i dont have a solution for that but i got it to stop but the stacker tool doesnt work well and everything is messed up but you can get it to stop by using dxlevel 70 i think

12. leopjones thread starter macrumors newbie

could this problem be caused by the hl2 game because when i downloaded it it had this white screen and thats it somtimes it would just quit without an error:confused:

13. Scorpio2812 macrumors newbie

Unexpected quits?

It seems certain materials and props crash the game, saying HL2_osx (or something around that area) has quit unexpectedly... its really annoying, anyone know when it'll get fixed? I don't use crossover or anything like that its just snow leopard...

14. Quad5Ny, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011

Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Edit: Wait. I just looked and Garry's Mod is native to OS X now. Why the heck are you running it in Crossover?

Double Edit: And I'm a dickhead, I just realized the original post is from 2008. Scorpio2812 WTH man, why would you bump a 3 year old thread?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

• You guys have to post more details, saying a app just crashed does not mean anything to anyone
    • Mentioning that the game was being run using Crossover/Wine would have been helpful!
    • This thread should have probably been posted in the Mac and PC Games sub-forum
    • Tell us what version of OS X your running (Ex: 10.6.6)
    • You also need to post the specs (CPU/Memory/Video Card) and model your Mac

No promises I can actually help you with this, but this is how to get more info:
    1. Add "-dev -condebug +sv_cheats 1" to your launch settings
    2. Go In-game
    3. Press the Tilda (~) key to open the Console
    4. Type "developer 2"
    5. Press Enter
    6. Make the game crash
    7. Find console.log in your game folder
    8. Compress console.log it and post it here
    9. Remove "-dev -condebug +sv_cheats 1" from your launch settings
    10. Open up the OS X Console and post any error messages from around the time the game crashed.
    There also might be *.mdmp (Memory Mini Dump) files somewhere in the Steam or Gmod folders. You can also post those, but I don't have the tools to look at them.

---

Your next step after this would be to try the Crossover & Wine Forums. -
    http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/
    http://forum.winehq.org/