Hm, My MacBook doesnt like flash videos too much...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Krafty, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I've noticed that when I watch or skip threw youtube videos, or flash embedded vids on websites, most of the time my browser (firefox3) crashes. I've tried Safari and got the same results. Often times, flipping threw videos causes the CPUs to shoot up to 90% usage in both, and the fans sometimes start blaring. I thought maybe it was normal, but now this is getting annoying.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

2. EmptyCalm macrumors member

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Watching a long Flash video will get the fans in my MacBook (2.2GHz Santa Rosa) going a bit; processors hover around 50% (both cores), but never crashes.

Make sure you've got the most up-to-date version of Flash.

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

My fans also kick up when watching YouTube videos...I am running smcFan Control as well... are you?

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

My fans really kick up, with nothing but Safari open, and my battery life goes to 1 hour.

6. Xtreambar macrumors regular

The current version of Flash is a real CPU hog on Macs, which is why your Macbook (as well as mine and many other people's) get damn hot when you do something in flash for a while like play a flash based web game. Judging by the betas of the new Flash, it should run much, much more efficiently and thus make your Macs not run so darn hot.

7. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I dont think I've gotta the new beta flash, and the fans isnt an issue, its just the fact that my browser crashes half the time.