Hmm Gaming Troubles

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AlexM-1997, Dec 31, 2010.

1. AlexM-1997, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

AlexM-1997 macrumors member

Well Gaming where do i start?

first before anyone asks,i had a ps3 but sold it to put towards this macbook...that is where my lack of knowledge for Pc gaming comes from.

Many people know that there is not a great deal of top games for the mac but i have heard you can use boot camp.

Here are my questions
    1) The Big Biggy is, is this macbook capable of playing the below games smooth enough to make them fun and not irritating http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook/specs.html
    2)Is Win XP Capable of games like BFBC2, GTA4, Mafia2 and Black ops
    3)Do i need to get a special "mac" version of XP
    Please could you provide me with any other info that you perhaps think is important.

Edit: 4) what sort of OS is best for them games and what bit do they need to be (my mum says 32 bit)
    Note1: i need to stay as cheap as possible
    Note2: i am using this macbook http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook/

2. HawtTuna macrumors member

1) Probably not. BFBC2 should work on low to medium without being too sluggish. GTA4, and Black OPs are both poorly optimized and don't run too well on much better computers anyway. I'm not sure on Mafia 2, however.

If you want to game alot, you should should probably invest in something else.

2) They should support Windows XP, you'll have to check their requirements.

3) Nope, no such thing as a "Mac" version of Windows XP.

I have the same Macbook, I upgraded to 4 gigs of ram. I run XP for most games, works great for the most part.

3. AlexM-1997 thread starter macrumors member

If you want to game alot, you should should probably invest in something else.

3) Nope, no such thing as a "Mac" version of Windows XP.

ah thanks

1) i wouldnt have sold my ps3 if i was wanting to do lots of gaming i was just wanting 1 free roam game to mess around on and a online game to snipe on

3) well that will make finding the "bargain" easier

4. HawtTuna macrumors member

I suggest you get Team Fortress 2, runs great in Windows not so much on Mac OS. Cheap too, on sale today right now for about 5 bucks.

I've heard Just Cause 2 runs pretty decent on it as well so you can get your open world fix there.