Hmm... iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Liquinn, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

I'm wondering whether I should buy an iPod touch?

I already have an iPad and an iPhone 3gs but it'd be nice to own the new iPod touch when it comes out? Then I'll have a variety of the Apple mobile devices then.

Thoughts?

But I feel I'll be buying it for the sake of it, kinda.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I'm not going to lie, that's the exact impression I got from your post. If it's the A4 and retina display you're after, the value of your 3G and money you'd put towards an iPod touch would get you an iPhone 4.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Why do you need an iPod Touch if you have an iPhone?

If you need a device for music, get a 5th or 6th gen Nano depending on form factor, or a Classic if you need the space.

4. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Yeah true, one can never have any gadgets. I have an iPad 1 and a 3GS, it'd be nice to have something not discontinued, but still, an Apple product is an Apple product I guess.

5. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I would go for the next iPhone if I were in your shoes. An iPod Touch sounds great, until you realize you'd be carrying around both an old iPhone and a new iPod Touch that doesn't make calls.

It just makes sense to get one device. Unless of course the next iPod Touch has 3G. If that ever happens, I'm dumping the iPhone for an iPod Touch with Skype.

6. worlet macrumors newbie

Personally, no need to buy the ipodtouch, ipad iphone are similar in functions and softwares. I have a ipod,itouch,ipad and iphone, but most often use is only iphone, then sometimes play games on ipad, touch and pod left unused. I have to job daytime, only few hours after work to play for a while, so not very usful to me. You can decide by your own, if you have much free time.