Hmm...Should I be concerned with this or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CommonManDZ, Jul 26, 2014.

1. CommonManDZ macrumors newbie

CommonManDZ

Hi.

Have a Mid-2012 Retina Mac, with active AppleCare. Had the motherboard swapped-out on it a few months ago, and everything has been working great since then. However, a week or so ago, I noticed this white-blob-looking thing on the bottom-left corner of my screen anytime there was a white or gray background displayed.

The blob doesn't show up with any other color other than white or gray...but still, it's obvious that something is wrong in that part of the screen. It's very faint, but now that I've seen it, I know it's there. What do you guys think...is this worth a trip to the Genius Bar for me to request a repair, or will they tell me to pound salt. Also, anyone else had this issue, and what happened? I don't want to complain about every little thing, but it doesn't seem normal to me, and I'm worried it will get worse if I don't.

Appreciate any insight you guys might have. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

3. CommonManDZ thread starter macrumors newbie

CommonManDZ

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of. I guess I'm only hesitant because I just had a motherboard swapped a few months ago (GPU failure), and I don't want to seem like a problem customer.

Still, this is an expensive laptop that I bought with the intention of it lasting for 4-5 years. I'm not super-rich, so I can't buy too many $2500 laptops..haha.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

****'em!
    They're the problem not you.

5. CommonManDZ thread starter macrumors newbie

CommonManDZ

HA! You make a convincing argument. I guess I just needed to hear from someone that my concerns were valid. Thanks for the insight.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

glad I could help you. Now givem hell! :)

7. kittencounter macrumors member

I got this light spot on my 2012 rMBP last year and got the screen replaced due warranty in store.

8. jg321 macrumors 6502

Anyone else have to look up "pound salt"?!

But yeah, I'd take it back too. Keep us updated.

9. CommonManDZ thread starter macrumors newbie

CommonManDZ

I will. Thanks for the advice / experience everyone.