Hmm still no video recording? anybody working on this

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PatrickRolfsen, Jul 20, 2008.

1. PatrickRolfsen macrumors regular

PatrickRolfsen

Just wondering if anybody knows of any kind of pending release of a video capture app since there seems to be no trace of one in the app store... I'm not one that knows much about programming but I would just about be willing to teach myself how to in order to gain such functionality.... [i'm sure someone would have one written- and iPhone 3.0 would be released before i figured out how tho ;) ]

cheers

paddy:apple:

2. accrane macrumors member

im curious at to why apple didnt include one in the first place???

3. cazlar macrumors 6502

There was an iPhone Video Recorder.app for v1.1.x jailbroken phones that worked quite well, and a number of other apps from competitors in various stages of completion. Whether these make it to the App Store is unknown, but I'm sure if they are not rejected, they will show up, maybe even soon. If they aren't allowed, they will surely show up on 2.0 jailbroken phones at some point then.

As for programming it yourself, I'd start with something a little more simple if I was you. From what I've gathered, video recording is definitely non-trivial!