hmm suspicious VAIO

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by schmidt190, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I remember the keyboard your talking about.

The keyboard design/style that Apple is using now are not new. This is almost like saying "anyone notice the dell 1501 keyboards are similar to the hp nc6230 keyboards?"

I remember walking into Microcenter down their long keyboard isle and seeing these soft keys keyboards.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

OK.
    I've looked at the pics and fail to see what the "conspiracy theory" is exactly…

:confused:

4. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

all im sayin is that they look almost identical. they couldn't make something more original?

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

That would go true for Apple. They could have come up with a more original keyboard as well.

KB is a KB and it's hard to come up with something truely original (with exception of laser, OLED, etc)

All Apple did was take an existing style and add it to their laptops/product line. Sony is apparently doing the same.

6. TheGrand macrumors newbie

Its pretty depressing how much power apple has over all you guys. Calling the Sony Vaio unoriginal with the "macbook" style KB, even when apple wasn't even the first one to use it. Sony actually was the first to use the that style of KB way back in 2003 with the x505 laptop.

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

OMG..
    Apple is using the same CPU's as regular PC!!!
    Couldn't they be more original? hehe

Seriously you guys, it doesn't matter who's more original than who... it's only a bloody machine. I suspect the current keyboard are refined versions of the desktop calculators!!!!

[​IMG]

8. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

9. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

as they say..
    imitation is the greatest compliment..
    now the million dollar question..
    who imitated who?

good thing i have an MBP
    one thing less to worry about keyboard originality..

i wonder how many work hours ( productive hours) were wasted because of " conspiracy theories like this..

seriously.
    check who has the patent for those chicklet keyboards.
    i'm sure it's not APPLE.
    :D

10. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

And all we're saying is Apple isn't the first and they won't be the last to use this style keyboard.

Who really gives a toot if Sony starts using this keyboard style, where does it end? Color of case? Size of screen? Slot load CD/DVD?

This keyboard style was out LONG before Apple decided to use it and as one person posted, Sony tried it first.

Nobody is coping anyone, it's a slim style keyboard and requires less parts than the current style laptop keyboards. It's a wise choice for any manufacturer to use a slimmer (by slimmer I mean the headroom is smaller as well as the footprint size) keyboard.

11. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Wow- not only did those nasty thieves at Sony steal the totally original Apple-type keyboard, but I see they are also including a Blu-Ray disk drive just like the Apple has in the Macbook.... uh, i mean the mac book pro... I mean the iMac... no, I mean the Mac pro....

Help me out here--- which Apple has the Blu-Ray player????

And the biometric thumb reader, too.

Apple is SO ahead of the curve on laptop design.

12. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I think Sony's on to a winner here, especially when it comes to their UltraPortables, cause they have CD/DVD drives in them that not only burn to DVD but can read BR too!! Even Apple doesn't have this feature!!

Oh.. I see it coming...
    next someone gonna be complaining Apple's can read, burn Blu-Ray! Whens it gonna end? I guess the OP has way too much time on their hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.