Hmm, which case to buy...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snverhallen, Jul 4, 2009.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I have been using a SwitchEasy Neo the past 10 months or so, except 5 months ago the bottom part of the I-frame broke, so I've actually been using a broken case for 5 months.

I've been looking at the Incase Slider, but I'm a bit worried about all the stories of it scratching the back and bezel. Are there any good alternatives in terms of a thin, pocketable (so not a silicone) case?

Thanks for any suggestions,

snverhallen

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

I personally love the incipio feather. Its thin and light and offers good protection, but it does not cover the bezel (though the 3g/3gs bezel is much more scratch resistant the the original 2g).

3. V4705 macrumors 6502

the only protection the feather can offer is scratch protection.

if you're looking for any drop protection, you have to go for something thicker.

i recommend the capsulerebel, it's not perfect, but its good compromise between protection and look.

4. BatPhone macrumors newbie

BatPhone

Im not sure why anybody would worry about the phone possibly being scratched under the case ? WHO CARES ! Me personally i will never carry the phone without a case so what does it matter ?

I love the Griffin Chrome , black leather back and chrome trim around the edge. For my money i havent seen one that looks better. Really dresses up the phone .

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elan-form-chrome

5. Bringiton macrumors newbie

Check out the iFrogs Luxe. Its a lot like the incase slider but looks and feels nicer imo.

You can get one on ebay for ~15 shipped and you can't go wrong with that price.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i love my ifrogz luxe!

hubby loves his switcheasy serpent rebel (i think the ifrogz is better! :p)

7. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Go to buy.com or amazon.com and get the iFrogz Luxe for $11-$14. Great deal, the colors look incredible. iFrogz Luxe has great protection from what I've heard and it makes you phone look sleek. Personally I'm waiting for my Green and Blue to come in the next week from buy.com:D

8. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I have the switcheasy rebel serpent. i love it, but am bored of it. might get another serpent in another color

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

incase worked out best for me, topped with a invisiblesheild front

10. leeclissett macrumors newbie

speck candyshell is the mutts nuts. Doesn't add much bulk, great protection with soft rubber interior and hard outer shell, decent price and looks fantastic. I've got the white/red combo on at the moment and its great. I might have found my ideal case.

11. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

Im coming from a switcheasy capsule rebel that ive had on my 3G since launch week of the 3G..the case has taken a beating..and its time for a new one :)

after doing some heavy research..

Im torn between 3 cases:

1. incase slider
    2. speck candyshell
    3. seidio innocase II

incase slider has the right colors that i like, but the only con is there have been ppl reporting scratching of their iphone. also it doesnt come with anything else other then the case, no screen protector/cloth/holster

speck candyshell has limited colors, and looks to provide the most bulk of the 3 cases (not confirmed just from me browsing thru pics). Also from videos of youtube clip reviewing the case, there have been some cracks and ripping of the case, since it is so hard to take off. It does come with a screen protector and cloth

seidio innocase has everything im looking for, except that i dont really like any of their color selections, and i'd prefer a glossy finish vs the matte one. Also i think the protection level is probably the lowest of the 3. One added plus is that it does come with a sturdy holster.

in the end: i will prolly go to the apple store after my boards and compare to see which one i like..and then try to buy it cheaper elsewhere online.

sorry didnt mean to confuse u even more. ;)

12. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I know its been said before, and sometimes you want an answer immediately, or tailored to your needs, but please search first.

To answer your question, I use the Slider and I love it. There has been no scratching of my white iPhone and the texture is very appealing.

I do not like the Incipio feather. The matte white one turned almost silicone-ish after a few days. A real hassle to take out of my pocket and a lint MAGNET! :mad: Plus no bezel protection.

I like the slider the most. It looks sleek and protect everything other than the screen.